Metal detectors are not just used as a hobby, they serve a wide range of practical functions such as:
- Security weapons detection at ports, airports, events, courts, prisons & by the police.
- Loss prevention in warehouses or repair facilities
- Underground metal location such as manhole covers or stop box covers, pipes, cables
- Medical applications to locate swallowed items or maybe foreign objects left behind after surgery
- Industry to locate machinery parts lost during mining processes or metallic object in plastic waste
- Food industry making sure we don’t eat anything lost during the processing of food
- Pharmaceutical industry, same as food industry.
- Archaeological uses